How I workHere’s what a plan for recording your book might look like:
- You send me the script of your book
- I review the script for any common ‘traps’ like words which are difficult to pronounce or formatting which will make the audio difficult for the listener to understand
- I meet you in Zoom.us (which is just like Skype) for up to an hour to discuss the project
- I visit you in your home (or another suitable space you have access to) to record – I produce the recording ‘live’, giving error correction advice and general direction
- I edit, optimise and master the audio files for upload to Audible or other services
What does it cost?
A professional studio will cost you up to £1500 (London) for two days of recording (a pretty standard amount of time to spend on a single book) and you won’t get any of the personal attention I provide.
I have lower overheads than a professional studio, so you will have your audio book complete and sounding great for around half the cost of studio recording. (Exact costs of each project are negotiated before recording.)
Why not just record and edit it yourself?
If you try to record your book yourself, you may well be disappointed with the results. Editing and mastering audio to the exacting standards required by publishers such as Audible is a highly technical job and trying to do it yourself can lead to hours of fruitless work!
I can do this for you so you can get on with promoting your audio book and developing your credibility.
1. Full audio book creation in your home – recording, production, editing, optimising and mastering for platforms e.g. Audible
2. Editing, optimising and mastering your recording for platforms e.g. Audible
Contact me for a free consultation to find out if I can help you breathe new life into your book by converting it into audio!